Latin America

 Latin America

The third region I visited this month was the fourth largest region in the world. Chile was very welcoming and had the most spectacular mountain ranges to tackle! 

Site 1: Match Picchu! This is a place I've been wanting to visit ever since I was a little girl researching the early civilization of the Incas in fifth grade. After all those years of learning about how the Incas survived, I finally got to walk in the same place they did thousands of years before. The Incas were some of the most advanced people for their time; they built over 100 buildings all made of stone in this particular hidden location. They learned about early astronomy and such things until the Spanish conquistadors took over their lower locations and they were forced to flee in hopes of protecting their secret place. I traveled for four days through the rugged Andes to reach this preserved place of architectural brilliance, and every second of it was worth it. I finally made my fifth grade history assignment a reality.

Llamas at Machu Picchu (Dreamstime)
https://www.wanderlust.co.uk/content/9-things-to-do-in-peru/

 

 

 

Site 2: The Rainbow Mountains! This was such a great cherry-on-top to my Peru trip. The 7 hour hike started in Cusco, Peru. I knew this wasn't going to be a small jaunt, so I found a local guide with a donkey available for a new experience and a little help with the walk. As I talked with the local, he told me about some of the facts that come with the Rainbow mountain. He informed me that it was only just discovered in 2015 and gets it vibrant colors from minerals. This Andes Rainbow mountain, also known as Vinicunca, was the best rainbow I've ever seen.


The Amazing Rainbow Mountains Of Peru – How To Get There And Other Things You Need To Know (38)

The Amazing Rainbow Mountains Of Peru – How To Get There And Other Things You Need To Know (74)
https://handluggageonly.co.uk/2017/08/11/amazing-rainbow-mountains-peru-get-things-need-know/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southwest Asia and Northern Africa