Sub-Saharan Africa

 Sub-Saharan Africa

 Africa's unique topography and wildlife has always interested me. This trip was mind-blowing, and such a learning experience for me. I'll never look at this region the same. 

Site 1: Thebes, Egypt. The temple of Luxor. I never thought of Africa as a historical area, but the history there is so rich. The Egyptians temples and tombs along with traces of their civilization are everywhere in Egypt, and along the Nile. Dating back to as early as 1939 BCE, these detailed structures and works of art are crazy to imagine such early peoples building. 

Ancient Egyptian obelisk and statuary, Luxor, Egypt.
https://www.britannica.com/list/7-amazing-historical-sites-in-africa

        

Site 2: Of course, after imaging the wildlife I've heard so much about in Africa, I had to see it for myself somehow. I found Kruger National Park, the largest game reserve in South Africa, and knew it would be perfect. Paul Kruger started this reserve in efforts to protect some of the wildlife. It now stretches larger than Israel, and has many trails and drives you can take to explore just about any safari animal you can think of. Elephants, Rhino, birds, Giraffes, Lions, and many more. I loved the scenery included in the park, and the major rivers that flow through. This site was the perfect way to see some of Africa's animals in their natural habitat as well as the raw landscape of Africa. 

Kruger Park Safaris
https://wild-wings-safaris.com/kruger-park-safaris

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southwest Asia and Northern Africa