Central Asia

 Central Asia

Now this is a slice of the world I've never heard about too much or ever put much thought into, but it is an underrated place. I will recommend people like you, my readers, check Central Asia out sometime. You won't regret it. 

Site 1: Kaindy Lake. This site is special because it was formed by an earthquake in 1911. The earthquake rumbled up some of the Shan Mountain's surface and created a huge landslide that became Lake Kaindy's dam and birthplace. Rain eventually filled in the pot, and the trees are still standing underwater. The most turquoise water you'll ever see. Since this lake is close to Almaty, the largest city in Kazakhstan, it is unusual to find a place with its' serenity untarnished, this lake is one of few. I loved having a quiet place to enjoy the natural awe a mountain with surrounding turquoise waters provides. 

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/kaindy-lake


Site 2: The National Library of Tajikistan. I wanted to throw something a little different at you, so I chose thee largest library I've ever seen to accomplish my goal. This library was opened in 2012, and made to resemble an open book. It is filled with shelves of more than 10 million books, and is a prideful building for the Tajikistan people. For them it shows their appreciation for literature and education. For me, it was nine-stories of a fun. If you're an avid reader, this site is simply a must!

 

National Library of Tajikistan http://www.anothertravelguide.com/galerijas/destinations/asia/tajikistan/dushanbe/culture/national_library_of_tajikistan/lielas/national_library_of_tajikistan1.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southwest Asia and Northern Africa