East Asia

 East Asia

I've been to many areas of the world, but nowhere seems to become any duller. The people, the culture, and the nature of each corner in this circular planet encourages me grow in knowledge, experience, and as a person. I thank East Asia for doing all this and more with these amazing places.

Site 1: Namsan Tower. This certainly is a tower. I would compare it to the Space Needle in Seattle if I had to compare it to somewhere in the U.S. This tower is located in Seoul, South Korea, and is surrounded by tourist places and restaurants. What captured my attention were the thousands of love locks hooked to the railings of the tower, most forever. It became a symbol of a couple's or family's never-ending devotion and love to one each other to place a lock on this tower and throw away the key. I heard of this place from a movie, and I knew it would be a great place to study all the different kinds of locks people choose. Before it was a famous love lock tower, it was built for broadcasting signals. The color of it changes color directly related to the quality of the air which I thought was pretty neat.  

N Seoul Tower Tickets
https://www.befreetour.com/en/detail/315-Namsan-Seoul-Tower-Ticket-Combos-korea     


Site 2: Jigokudani Monkey Park. This is a place I've been hearing about since I was a little girl so naturally, I had to go. It was crazy to me how these monkeys have adapted to the hot spring waters to survive the cold winters. Who would have ever thought that these Japanese Macaques or Snow Monkeys would find and continue to use the hot springs caused by the volcanic activity in the valley. There are a couple trails that can be used to observe the monkeys and learn more about how their life works. 

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6028.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southwest Asia and Northern Africa