South Asia

 South Asia

I hold a very special place in my heart for this part of the world because I have a new connection with some of these sites I visited. It meant something more than just having fun trip, but rather it was more about what these places hold in historical value. 

Site 1: The Mother house of Missionaries. This house was built in Kolkata, India and the Missionaries of Charity were founded here by Mother Teresa. Her tomb remains here along with many of her former belongings that people can observe. She was made a Saint a few years ago after performing numerous great deeds for her God. However, the person she was and how she impacted the world, especially India, is recognized by more than just the religious. Personally, she was my confirmation saint and is my role model in life. My priest knew her when he was a boy growing up in Kolkata and has told me a lot about her, so I found it very cool to be standing in the same place she once did. 

Kolkata: Mother House erupts in joy over canonisation of Mother Teresa -  India News
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g304558-d321215-Reviews-Mother_House-Kolkata_Calcutta_Kolkata_District_West_Bengal.html

Site 2: Base Camp of Mount Everest. This is a mountain I'm sure you've heard of before. Probably because it is the tallest in the world. Extreme hikers and climbers come here each year to begin the life-threatening journey to the top. Many have died, but many have seen what very few in the whole world ever will. On a clear day, the summit of this mountain can be seen from the Base Camp. It has a very immense affect on your perspective of the size of our planet. Standing 29,032′ tall. 

 

Everest and the Trek to Base Camp
https://www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions/nepal-nep.htm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southwest Asia and Northern Africa