Oceania

 Oceania

Its been quite the journey with y'all, but its time to go back to where it all started and hopefully encourage others to see what I saw, learn what I learned, and have a permanent jaw drop. I loved every minute of these trips and each of the sites I wrote about. Even when plans wouldn't work out, the experience was just more raw; I got to see people whose homes are my vacations in their groove. It allowed me to see the realness of some of their hardships, but also their successes. Oceania will always be my last destination on the most incredible explorations. 

Site 1: Sydney Opera House. I'm a big fan of listening or watching performances because it means something more than what is first heard or seen. However, this Opera House in Sydney was beyond what I could've imagined. The design of the house itself is flabbergasting, let alone the quality of the shows and music. It is noticeable that it cost 102 million; everything is precise. 

Facts About Sydney Opera House | DK Find Out
https://www.konnecthq.com/sydney-opera-house-facts/


Site 2: This next site is a little outside the box, because it is not really a touristy place, but I learned about the Maori people from a geography video and I loved everything about their culture so I found the oldest gathering place. Pāpāwai is located in New Zealand and is called a marae. The Maori have fought for larger recognition in their home land since this meeting place was built in the 19th century. 


Marae: Māori meeting ground | 100% Pure New Zealand
https://www.newzealand.com/au/feature/marae-maori-meeting-grounds/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southwest Asia and Northern Africa